NLNG INTERNET PRIVACY STATEMENT
When will we collect your personal information? We will only collect your personal information where this is:
- necessary to provide services or address issues requested by you;
- expressly consented to by you;
- necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you); or required by law
Where reasonable and practicable, we will collect your personal information directly from you and inform you that this is being done. Where your personal information is collected from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware that this has been done.
Use of your personal information
The use to which we can put your personal information depends on the reason for which it was collected. In addition, we may use your personal information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyse usage of the NLNG web site, and to improve our content and offerings. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional materials without first obtaining your consent and we will regularly give you the opportunity to decline the receipt of promotional materials if you have previously given your consent.
Disclosure of your personal information.
We respect the privacy of your personal information and we will take all reasonable steps to keep it strictly confidential. We may disclose your personal information to our technical advisers or service providers but will only do so where equivalent commitments of confidentiality are provided. Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information without your consent if this is:
- necessary to provide you with goods, services or information you have requested;
- necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you);
- necessary to lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety; or required by law.
Under no circumstances will we sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
Storage and protection of your personal information
We may record and store personal information which we collect from you and where we do so we will take all reasonable steps:
- to keep your personal information secure and prevent unauthorised disclosure; and
- to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
However, we do not promise that your personal information cannot be accessed by an unauthorised person (e.g. a hacker) or that unauthorised disclosures will not occur. If we provide you with any passwords or other security devices then it is important that you keep these secret and confidential and do not allow them to be used by any other person. You should notify us immediately if the security of these devices is breached to prevent the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information.
We make no warranties or representations regarding the websites you access from links provided on the NLNG website and before providing your personal information to any other operators.